An Auto Scaling group contains a collection of Amazon EC2 instances that are treated as a logical grouping for the purposes of automatic scaling and management. This enables you to use Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling features such as health check replacements and scaling policies.
Resource schedules for Auto Scaling groups are created in the same way as a regular resource schedule on Druva CloudRanger.
Creating an Auto Scaling Group schedule
- Log into your Druva CloudRanger console and navigate to Resources Schedules on the left navigation pane.
- Select Auto Scaling Group on the schedule Type drop-down.
- Set the MIN, MAX, and DESIRED to define the lowest and highest possible scale.
- Select the individual cells and the predetermined ASG scale will be applied to that time. The settings and time can be refined by clicking the ASG cell and making changes as appropriate.
You may use the delete button to remove a schedule, as needed.
- Once you are happy with your schedules, you can Apply this Schedule to specific ASGs, using the Autoscaling Group ID or Autoscaling Group TAG.
You may choose to apply the schedule to instances that match any or all of the tags specified.
- Click Save.