The Resource Scheduling functionality allows you to optimize your AWS costs by creating an On/Off schedule for your Amazon EC2 and RDS resources.
These features are particularly useful for AWS customers who are currently running any non-production resources 24/7. Setting up automated server schedules for your Amazon instances and RDS databases to run during business hours only can save you up to 70% on your monthly AWS bills for these resources.
To get started with Resource Scheduling, select Resources Schedules on the left navigation pane. Alternatively, you may use the Create button on the Druva CloudRanger dashboard.
Advanced Resource Scheduling
Resources can be scheduled using the On/Off schedule or a Reboot action to a 1 minute resolution. Each resource schedule can be applied across specific resources by Instance ID or Instance Tags.
To create a new schedule:
- Log into your Druva CloudRanger console and navigate to Resources Schedules on the left navigation pane.
- Specify a Schedule Name and relevant Description. Select the appropriate Time Zone when you would like your schedule to run.
- On/Off Schedule: To specify the server On/Off schedule, simply click and drag to create or edit your server On times.
- On Schedules: To specify the server On schedule, simply click the appropriate time and edit your server On times.
In this example, we have set up our schedule to have servers turn on every morning at 8:05am, Monday to Friday.
- Off Schedules: To specify the server Off schedule, simply click the appropriate time and edit your server Off times.
- Reboot Server Schedules: To specify the Reboot schedule, click the appropriate time and edit your server Reboot times.
In this example, we have set up our schedule to have servers turn reboot on a Sunday night at 11:15pm.
Use the delete button, to remove a schedule, as required.
- Once you are happy with your schedules, you can Apply this Schedule to specific Instances, using the Instance ID or Instance TAG.
You may choose to apply the schedule to instances that match any or all of the tags specified.
- Click Save.
Note: All the scheduling actions described, can be implemented within the same server Schedule.