This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to create a backup policy for your AWS workloads in Druva CloudRanger.
How to create your Amazon EBS, EC2, RDS and Redshift backup policies
Watch the following video to create a global backup policy.
To create your first backup policy,
- Choose Backup Policies from the left pane, and then click Create on the right-hand side of the screen to start creating a backup policy.
- Give your policy a name and add a brief description. Choose a backup frequency by day, week, month, or year and the at options will also allow you to choose a specific timeframe. You can select a backup window, confirm the time zone, and then click Save and Continue.
- Add the Retention details. We pre-populate the standard retention options that you can edit based on your preferences. You also have the option to choose Never delete. If required, save the additional copies of backups in other AWS accounts and regions. Click Save and Continue to proceed to Resources.
- Next, include resources by resource type. You have the option to select EBS volumes, EC2, RDS, Redshift, or all resource types. From the In accounts drop-down list, choose from the AWS accounts that you have added or select all accounts. Similarly, from the And in regions drop-down list, choose from the AWS regions or select all regions. You can also match criteria by Resource IDs, Tags, VPC IDs, Subnet IDs, or All resources. The number of resources identified is then shown based on your selection criteria. Similarly, you can also choose to exclude resources from your backup policy. If a resource included in the backup policy is encrypted and a backup is taken, an association of keys between the source and the target must be defined in the Backup Copy Encryption section. And finally, in the Resource Backup Options section, you have the option to take backups in the form of either AMIs or snapshots and to perform a reboot. Click Save and Continue to proceed to Additional Options.
- In the Additional Options section, you can choose to execute VSS consistent scripts and add tags to backups by adding key-value pairs. Tags already attached are also displayed in this section. Click Save to complete the process of creating your backup policy. Backups will then be automated for these resources based on the schedules.