Druva CloudRanger simplifies and reduces costs associated with the complexity of data lifecycle management for AWS cloud workloads. You can now manage all aspects of the backup and restore lifecycle across multiple regions and AWS accounts, all via one unified console.
Once you add and sync your AWS account(s) with Druva CloudRanger, all EC2 instances on your AWS account will now be available on your CloudRanger console. To view your EC2 instances, navigate to Resources > EC2. You can configure a backup policy or initiate a backup from the main Resources page.
Resource Tags are standardized, case-sensitive key-value pairs that act as metadata to help identify and organize your AWS resources. The Add Tags functionality allows you to specify the key and an associated value, as part of managing resources for disaster recovery, global policies and script orchestration.
To define tags:
- Log into your Druva CloudRanger console and navigate to Resources > EC2.
- Select one or more resources to define tags. Click and then select Add Tags.
- Define tags with an appropriate Key and associate a relevant Value depending on the selected key. For example:
Key: Origin; Value: Origin ID
Key: Region; Value: us-east
- Click Save.
Note: To manage tags on existing snapshots, refer to AWS Management Console - Tag Editor.
To view detailed information on each resource, click the Resource Name or ID. The resource Summary page provides information on the associated backup policies, jobs, volumes and backups, and tags:
- Overview: Resource details including Instance ID and Type, AWS Region and IP information.
- Tags: Tags act as metadata to help identify and organize your AWS resources. Click to add resource tag Keys and Values based on which you can identify specific resources. The Value will depend on the Key specified. For example: Key: Origin; Value: Origin ID.
- Volumes: Resource Volume Name, associated Devices, and Tags.
- Click Backups to view all backups associated with the selected resource.
- Click Jobs to view all jobs associated with the selected resource.
Click the Policies tab to view information on the associated backup policies, and resource schedules, and scripts.
- Schedules: Associated resource schedules, if any. Click Add to define a schedule for the selected resource. For more information, see Resource Scheduling.
- Backup Policies: Associated backup policies including retention criteria and backup frequency. Click Configure Policy to configure a backup policy for the selected resource. For more information, see Create Backup Policies.
- Scripts: Associated scripts, if any. Click Configure Scripts to configure a script and map it to the selected EC2 resource. For more information, see Configure and Manage Backup Scripts.