Note: You can select mandatory folders for mobile backup through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
To set mandatory folders for mobile backup:
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Profiles.
- Click the link of the profile for which you want to select mandatory folders for mobile backup.
- Click the Mobile Access & Backup tab.
- Under the Mobile Access & Backup area, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Select the Enable mobile backup check box.
- In the Mandated Backup Content area, provide the appropriate information for each field.
- If you want to add contacts, videos, or photos from Android or iOS devices, select the appropriate check box.
- If you want to enable the collection of mobile forensics data for Android devices, select the App Settings, Call Logs & Messages check box. For more information, see About Mobile Forensics for Android devices.
- If you want to select mandatory folders for Android devices, execute the following steps:
- Click +Add Folder, and then select the folders.
- In the Folder to be backed up field, enter the relative path of the folder to be backed up from the SD card. For example, /Download.
Note: The folder name is case-sensitive.
- In the Backup folder name box, inSync automatically assigns the folder name that you specified in Folder to be backed up box. To change the folder name, type a name for the backup folder.
Note: If there is an existing folder with the same name, then inSync updates the folder name to New Folder and appends the number to the folder. For example, New Folder 1.
- Select the Include data from external SD card also check box if you want to back up specific folders from the external SD card, which is a removable storage.
- If you want to allow mobile app users to add additional content for backup, select the Allow users to add content, modify schedule & resource settings check box.
- In the Backup every list, select the frequency of the scheduled SD card backup.
Note: The default backup interval is 8 hours.
- If you want to back up the SD card contents mobile data network if WiFi is not available, select Use data network if WiFi is not available check box. To back up SD card contents over a WiFi network only, clear the check box.
- Click Save.