You might want to activate inSync in the following scenarios:
- Your organization's policy requires you to provide laptops to new hires after installing and activating required software.
- You are replacing a lost device.
Note: You can activate inSync on Windows or Mac devices. Users with Linux devices must manually activate inSync Client by logging on to their devices.
Step 1 of 2: Download the authentication key for users
To download the authentication key for users
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Users.
- Select the users for whom you want to activate inSync, and then click More > Download Authkeys. The Download Authkey window appears.
- In the Replace Device list, if you want to replace a device, click the device that you want to replace.
If you want to add a new device, click Add new device.
If the user did not configure a device, No devices attached appears beside the user's name.
- Click Download Authkeys.
A file named inSyncUserKeys.zip is downloaded to your laptop. This file contains the authentication keys for the selected user. If you selected multiple users, the zip file contains multiple key files. Each key file is named as <user name>.idk.
Step 2 of 2: Activate inSync on the user laptops
Before you begin
Before you activate inSync on the user laptops, ensure that you have the most recent auth key.
Activate inSync on Windows
To activate inSync on Windows
- Log on to the user'sdevice.
- Open the command line interface window.
- On the Command Prompt, run the following commands:
C: cd "C:\Program Files\Druva\inSync\" C:\Program Files\Druva\inSync>inSyncAgent.exe 'path\to\the\userkey.idk'
Note: For Windows 64-bit, use Program Files (x86) instead of Program Files.
Activate inSync on Mac
To activate inSync on Mac
- Log on to the user's device.
- Open the Terminal tool, and run the following command from the desktop:
/Applications/Druva\ insync/inSync.app/Contents/MacOS/inSync -s /absolute/path/to/the/userkey.idk
Note: In the command, always provide the absolute path of the authentication key. Enclose the path in double quotes if there are spaces in it.
For example, /Applications/Druva\ insync/inSync.app/Contents/MacOS/inSync -s "/Users/John Smith/Desktop/John Smith.idk"