You can preserve a user in inSync at any point of time. Such users will not be able to backup any more data.
- License of all preserved users is immediately released. You can use these freed licenses to create new users in inSync.
- When you preserve a user, inSync retains the user's backed up data as per the defined Backup Retention Policy. inSync automatically deletes user data that falls out of the defined retention period. Hence, if you want to preserve data for a user, you must put that user on Legal Hold.
However, by default, there is a limitation to the number of users that you can mark as preserved. The number of users that you can preserve is dependent on the number of user license purchased by your organization.
Type of Licenses
By default, you are assigned a preserved user limit of 10% of your Active User License count.
For more information on licensing, contact Druva Support.
By increase in the number of Total Licensed users count, inSync automatically calculates and revises the number of total preserved users you can keep in inSync.
You can preserve users until you reach deployment limit of 110 percent of Total Licensed users in inSync. Deployed users is a combined total of active users and preserved users in inSync. After the total number of deployed users reaches 110% of Total Licensed users, you cannot preserve any more users.
Deployed users = Active users + Preserved users
where to preserve a user,
Deployed users < 110 % of Total Licensed users.
Note: An alert message is generated when you have reached 107% of your total licensed users.
If you want to preserve additional users over and above this limit, then you must delete users from your preserved users list.
Example - Using Preserved User License
Assume, your organization has purchased Active User License for 1000 users. Currently, you have deployed 800 users in active state and 50 users are in preserved state.
|Total Licensed users||Active User License|
- Total number of deployed users = 850 users (800 users in active state + 50 users in preserved state).
- Default number of preserved users assigned count = 100 users (10% of Active User License)
- Based on formula, Maximum deployed users allowed = 1100 (110% of Total licensed users)
At this stage,
- You can create new users until you reach your Active License User limit.
- You can mark additional users in preserved state until you reach a total deployment user count of 1100.
In this scenario, if you reach the maximum deployed user count of 1100 users (For example, 850 active users + 250 preserved users), you must delete already preserved users in inSync.
To preserve users
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Users.
- Click the check box for the users that you want to preserve.
- Click Preserve.
- If the total number of deployed users is < 110% of total licensed users, all the marked users are preserved.
- If you have already reached the deployed users limit of 110% of total licensed users, then the Preserve button is disabled. You must delete already preserved users.