Before you begin
Before you use your own SSL certificate on the inSync Storage Node, ensure that you obtain a .pem SSL certificate from a certificate authority and export it without the private key to a folder on your computer. For instructions, see How to install SSL certificate from a trusted CA.
If you decided to load your own SSL certificate on the inSync Master, you must load SSL certificates on all inSync Storage Nodes. If you have used a wildcard certificate on the inSync Master, you can use the same certificate on all inSync Storage Nodes. Alternatively, you can use host-specific unique certificates on each inSync Storage Node.
To load an SSL certificate
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Storage List.
- Click the Storage Nodes tab.
- Click the link of the inSync Storage Node where you want to upload the SSL certificate.
- In the Advanced Options area, click Edit. The Edit Storage Node window appears.
- In the SSL Certificate box, browse and select the certificate that you want to upload.
- Click Save.