inSync Private Cloud Editions: Elite Enterprise
Guidelines for creating a storage pool
When you create a storage pool, use the following guidelines:
- You can create a pool of primary file stores. You cannot create a pool of secondary file stores.
- You can add a storage to a pool at any time. However, once you assign a storage to a pool, you cannot remove it from the pool.
- You can assign a storage to only one storage pool.
Before you begin
Before you begin, ensure that you created the storage that you want to add to the pool.
To create a storage pool
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Storage List.
- Click the Storage Pools tab, and then click Create New Storage Pool.
- In the Storage pool name box, type the name of the storage pool.
- In the Storages to be added box, type or select the storage name.
- Click Create Storage Pool.