The legal hold report provides details about the users, devices, and backup data for a legal hold policy. The report, which provides information about the origin, custody of data and device of a legal hold, and ensures that the data is legally admissible in cases of litigations and internal investigations.
The legal hold report provides the following capabilities:
- Gain complete visibility of all the ongoing litigations and investigations in their organization.
- Know all the custodians that are involved in litigation or legal hold.
- Know when a user was added and/or removed from a legal hold.
- Show the data that is configured for collection, backup data size, and backup frequency of data that is collected for a custodian as part of a litigation.
- Know the latest amount of data that is exposed to any eDiscovery tool, for verifying the authenticity of the electronic data.
Is this report available for my inSync Cloud setup?
You can generate a report only if you have Governance license available at your inSync Cloud environment. The report will be available after the legal hold report creation functionality is available in your inSync On-Premise environment.
Who can generate and view the report?
Both the cloud administrators and legal administrators can generate and access the report for all the profiles.
What are the components of the report?
The following table lists the fields:
|Report Generated||Date and time when the legal hold report is generated.|
|Time zone||The time zone of the administrator who generated the report.|
|Legal Hold Policy Name||Name of the legal hold policy for which the report is generated.|
|Data Access Policy||Data access policy configured for the Legal hold policy.|
|Created By||Name of the administrator who has created the legal hold policy.|
|Created On||Date when the legal hold policy is created.|
|No of Custodians||Number of users that are added to the legal hold policy.|
|No of Devices||Total number of devices that are added to the legal hold policy.|
|Total data Size (GB)||Total size of data that is exposed in WebDAV for all the devices which are added to the legal hold policy.|
|User name||Name of the user who is added to the legal hold policy.|
|User Email Id||Email address of the user who is added to the legal hold policy.|
|Device Name||Name of the device that is added to the legal hold policy.|
|Client OS||Operating system of the device.|
|Backup Data Size (Gigabytes)|| |
Size of data backed in the latest RP and which are exposed in WebDAV.
|On Hold Since|| |
Date when the user was added to the legal hold policy.
|Last Completed Backup||Date and time of the last completed backup.|
|Last Backup Status||Status of the last backup.|
|inSync Profile||Profile of the user who is added to the legal hold policy.|
|Data Backup Schedule||Scheduled backup interval for the user who is added to the legal hold policy.|
|Data Configured for Collection|| |
The folder names that are configured by both the inSync administrators and the inSync users and are exposed in WebDAV. However, if MAPI or system settings are configured for backup, then these folders will not be displayed in the report.
How do I generate the legal hold report?
Before you begin
Before you generate a report, ensure the following:
- A legal hold policy is available, which includes the following information:
- Users whom you want to put on legal hold.
- Legal hold data that a legal administrator can access.
For more information, see Create a legal hold policy.
- You are logged on as a cloud administrator or a legal administrator.
To generate the legal hold report:
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Governance > Legal Hold. The Legal Hold page appears.
- From the Legal Hold List, select the legal hold policy for which you want to view the report. The details for the legal hold policy appears.
- Click Email Legal Hold Report.
Once generated, the report will be emailed to the email address that is configured for your account. The report is emailed in a CSV file format.
Frequently asked questions
Can the legal hold report be scheduled to run at specific time interval?
No, this report is not a scheduled report and cannot be configured to run at the specific schedule. This is an on-demand report, where the cloud administrator or legal administrator must generate the report per the requirement.
What is displayed in the report if a user is removed from legal hold or the legal hold policy is deleted?
If a user is removed from the legal hold, then the all the user entries will be deleted from the legal hold report. Previous entries will not be maintained.
What all data will this report generate results on?
This report will include user's data on computers, mobile devices, and cloud applications.