Questions on System Settings
- What system settings does inSync back up?
To know the default system settings that inSync backs up, see Supported system settings.
- Does inSync use USMT?
Yes, it does. To perform a back up of system settings, inSync clients on Windows OS invoke the User State Migration Tool (USMT).
- Can I use custom USMT XMLs?
Yes, you can. However, you must request assistance from the Druva Support team to do this.
- What platforms does inSync support for system settings backup?
inSync supports Microsoft Windows XP or later and Mac OSX 10.6 or later.
Note: inSync does not backup system settings on any of the Windows Server operating systems, Windows 2000, or any of the starter editions for Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
Questions on Data Restore
- Can I restore system settings from the inSync Master Management Console?
No, you cannot. You must instruct users to restore system settings to their laptops. For more information, see System settings restore.
- Where can I look for system restore errors?
You can find system restore errors in the inSync log files. inSync also displays an error if your system settings restore is not successful.
Questions on Data Migration
- How does inSync help me with operating system migration?
To know more about operating system migration by using inSync. For more information, see OS migration using Persona Backup.
- Can I track operating system migration across my organization?
inSync does not track operating system migrations across your organization. However, you might be able to find some third-party tools that can perform such as tracking.
- Do I see an alert if an OS migration fails?
inSync does not display alerts for migration failures.
- Is the OS license also migrated?
inSync does not perform the actual OS migration. inSync helps you import system settings before the migration. After the migration, inSync restores those system settings. To know if the OS license gets migrated.