Organizations use a firewall to protect their network from unauthorized access and increased security. When you install inSync in your network, various inSync components use your network to communicate with each other. This section provides information about inSync-related configuration or functionality that you must consider.
To ensure even greater security and firewall management, inSync 5.8 now directs all communication traffic through a single port, SSL/443, reducing the number of required firewall ports for deployment.
You can use port 443 for the following:
- Backup, restore, and sync operations
- To connect to the inSync Master and access the inSync Master Management Console.
- To connect to the inSync Master and access the inSync Web user interface.
- To facilitate communication between the inSync client and the inSync Master, or the inSync client and the inSync Storage Node by using the inSync Edge Server.
- To integrate your organization’s Active Directory (AD) with inSync.
- To connect to cloud.druva.com to send various notifications to mobile devices running on Android and iOS operating systems.
- Existing inSync deployments that use port 6061 will continue to work. You do not need to update your port configuration to port 443. If you want to use port 443 for your existing inSync deployments, contact Druva Support.
- inSync administrator must enable and allow communication to cloud.druva.com through inSync Master over port 443, in case backup for mobile devices is enabled. inSync requires access to cloud.druva.com to send notifications to mobile devices.