About adding a storage to a storage pool
A storage pool is a collection of block of storage that functions as a unit for backing up data. The pool acts as an automatic load balancer and ensures that data is evenly distributed across the various storage that are part of the pool.
You can have unlimited number of primary storage in a storage pool. At any time, you can add more primary storage to an existing storage pool. However, there are two restrictions:
- You cannot add the same storage to more than one storage pool.
- After you add a storage to a storage pool, you cannot remove that storage from the storage pool.
To add a storage to a storage pool
- From the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Storage List.
- Click the Storage Pools tab.
- Click the storage pool to which you want to add a storage.
- In the Assigned Storages area, click Attach Storage.
- In the Attach Storage to Storage Pool box, enter the storage that you want to associate with the pool. The list displays only primary block storage that are not assigned to any storage pool.
- Click Attach.