The DLP feature helps prevent data loss from user devices. If a device is lost or stolen, you can decommission the device and remotely wipe out data from the backup folders and inSync Share folder of the device. If you want to use DLP with iOS devices, you must upload the following certificates on inSync Master:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate: This certificate ensures secure transactions between Web servers and browsers.
- Apple Push Notification (APN) certificate: This certificate ensures that iOS devices trust the DLP instructions from inSync Master.
Note: DLP is not supported on Windows Phone 8 platform devices.
View hostname of your inSync Master
Before you begin
Before you begin, ensure the domain name/hostname for your SSL certificate matches the hostname of your inSync Master. You can acquire your SSL certificate from any Certificate Authority.
To view the hostname of your inSync Master
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Settings.
- Click the Mobile Credentials tab.
Acquire APN certificate
Step 1: Generating a certificate signing request
To generate a certificate signing request (CSR)
- Acquire an RSA private key by using the command on your openssl toolkit:
openssl genrsa -des3 -out privatekey.pem 2048
where privatekey.pem is the name of the private key that you want to generate.
- Create CSR in DER format by using the command on your openssl toolkit:
openssl req -new -key privatekey.pem -out customer.csr openssl req -inform pem -outform der -in customer.csr –out customer.der
where customer.der is the name of the CSR that you want to create.
Step 2: Acquire a signed certificate from Druva Support team
Send an email to email@example.com with the CSR that you create in the previous step. You will receive the signe