You can enable notifications in inSync to notify or alert users about the activities performed by the inSync client on their computer. It helps users to know the status and the operations performed by the inSync client.
The following table lists the notifications that appear on the desktop every time inSync client performs any operation on the user computer.
|Druva inSync launched||Specifies that inSync client is launched on the computer. This notification appears every time the user logs on to the computer.|
|Finished backup||Specifies that inSync client has completed a backup operation on the computer.|
|Finished backup with errors||Specifies that inSync client has completed a backup operation on the computer with errors.|
|Finished restore||Specifies that inSync client has completed a restore operation on the computer.|
Note: You can enable inSync notifications through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
To enable inSync notifications
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the link of the profile for which you want to enable inSync notifications.
- Click the Backup Policies tab.
- In the Notifications and Storage area, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- If you want to enable balloon notifications, select the Show desktop notifications check box.
- If you want to display inSync icon on the system tray, select the Show icon inSync icon in system tray check box.
- Click Save.