You can allow users to install and activate inSync on their laptops. You can also set restrictions on the number of devices on which users can activate inSync. If you do not want to allow users to activate inSync, you must install and activate inSync for all users.
Note: You can allow individual users to activate inSync through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
To allow users to activate inSync
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the link of the profile for which you want to allow users to activate inSync.
- Under the Summary tab, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- If you want to allow users to add laptops, select the Allow users to add laptops check box.
- If you want to set restrictions on the number of devices on which users can activate inSync, type a value in the Max. laptops per user box.
- Click Save.