We recommend using WiFi for backups from mobile devices. However, you can configure inSync to backup data from mobile devices over cellular data networks when WiFi is not available. You can manage the resource consumption for inSync through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
Note: If cellular data is on, carrier charges may apply.
Note: You can allow backup over cellular networks through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
To allow backup over cellular data networks
- On the menu inSync Master Management Console bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the link of the profile for which you want to allow backup over cellular data networks.
- Click the Mobile Access & Backup tab.
- In the Mobile Backup area, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Select the Enable mobile backup check box.
- Click Mandatory from the adjacent list.
- Select the Use data network if WiFi isn't available check box.
- Click Save.