During backups, inSync consumes processing power from the CPU. As an administrator, you can configure the priority that the operating system assigns for the backup process. A high CPU priority for inSync backup might affect the performance of other applications. A very low CPU priority slows down the inSync backup operations. We recommend that you set CPU priority between 5 and 6 for inSync backups.
Note: You can assign CPU priority to inSync through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
To assign CPU priority
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the link of the profile for which you want to assign CPU priority for inSync backups.
- Click the Laptop Backup Schedule tab.
- In the Laptop Backup Resources area, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Move the CPU priority slider to reflect the CPU priority that you want to assign to inSync.
- Click Save.