inSync On-premise 5.4 Administrator Guide
On-premise Editions: Private Cloud Enterprise Professional
Based on your network policies, you can perform the following actions:
- Configure network resources that inSync can consume for backing up data from user laptops and mobile devices.
- Configure the CPU priority and the bandwidth consumption for backup operations on user laptops.
- Allow users to modify resource settings for their laptops.
- Allow or restrict the use of other networks such as Wifior VPN for backups.
- Allow volume backups while applications on a laptop continue to write to the volumes. VSS captures and copies stable images for backup on laptops without affecting the performance and stability of the services.
In this Section
The following table lists the tasks that you require to configure system resources consumed during backup.
|Set bandwidth for laptop backups||Set bandwidth for laptop backups|
|Assign CPU priority for inSync backups||Assign CPU priority for inSync backups|
|Allow users to update system resource settings for backups||Allow users to update system resource settings for backups|
|Enable mobile backup using cellular data networks||Enable mobile backup using cellular data networks|
|Restrict data networks for laptop backups||Restrict data networks for laptop backups|
|Use Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) for Windows laptop backups||Use Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) for Windows laptop backups|