As an administrator, you can allow users to pause an inSync backup. A user might decide to pause a backup to conserve network bandwidth or CPU usage. When you allow a user the ability to pause scheduled backups, you must configure when inSync can resume backups from the backup from user's laptop. You can configure inSync to resume backup after the interval period or let the user manually resume the backup.
Note: You can allow users to pause backups through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
To allow users to pause backups
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the link of the profile for which you want to allow users to pause laptop backups.
- Click the Laptop Backup Schedule tab.
- In the Laptop Backup Schedule area, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Select the Allow users to pause backup check box.
- If you want inSync to resume the backup at the end of the interval period, select the Auto resume paused devices at next backup schedule check box.
- Click Save.