If an administrator enabled system settings backup, users can restore system settings to their device while activating inSync.
Note: Before you restore system and application settings, ensure that the operating system and the applications on the old and the new device match the restores that inSync supports. For more information, see Supported system settings.
The following table lists the restores that your inSync setup supports.
|Settings ||Supported restores |
|Windows OS || |
- Windows XP (32-bit) to Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Windows XP (64-bit) to Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit) to Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (64-bit) to Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit) to Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Windows 8 (64-bit) to Windows 8 (64-bit)
|Mac OS X || |
- Mac 10.7 to Mac 10.7, 10.8, 10.9
- Mac 10.8 to Mac 10.8, 10.9
- Mac 10.9 to Mac 10.9
Note: inSync does not support the migration of Mac user accounts.
|Internet Explorer || |
- Internet Explorer (IE) 7 to IE 9, IE 10, IE 11
- IE 9 to IE 9
- IE 10 to IE 10
- IE 11 to IE 11
- inSync does not support the migration of dial Up and virtual private network settings. This is applicable to all versions of IE.
- inSync does not support the migration of prefix and suffix options for Languages Preference from IE 7 to IE 10.
|Network Printer Settings || |
- Windows 7 to Windows 7
- Windows 8 to Windows 8
Note: inSync does not support migration of local printer settings.
|Microsoft Outlook (Outlook) || |
- Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2010
- inSync migrates the default language for Outlook 2010. However, inSync does not set it as the default language.
- inSync does not support the migration of stationary fonts and mail formats from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010.
- inSync does not support the migration of stored passwords.
|Microsoft Office (same bit migration) || |
- Microsoft Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Office 2007 to Microsoft Office 2010
The following table lists the restores that your inSync setup does not support.
|From ||To |
|Windows 64-bit ||Windows 32-bit |
|Later version of Windows ||Earlier version of Windows |
|Windows (any version) ||Mac (any version) |
|Later version of Mac ||Earlier version of Mac |