A storage pool acts as an automatic load balancer and ensures that data is evenly distributed across various storage that are part of the pool. One of the way that the storage pool achieves load balancing is by automatically migrating users and their data from a filled storage to a relatively empty one.
When a storage in a pool becomes 80% full, some of the users and their data are automatically migrated to another storage in the pool that is relatively free (less than 70% full). The migration happens without any intervention from the inSync administrators.
As an administrator, you can disable the data migration functionality for storage pools. Once disabled, none of the storage pools allow the migration of users and their data from one storage to another in the pool.
To disable the data migration functionality
- Log on to the server where inSync Master is installed.
- Open the inSyncServer.cfg file in a text editor. This file is located in the following directory:
- Windows: C:\inSyncCloud\inSyncServer4
- Linux: /etc/inSyncCloud/inSyncServer
- Set the value of the MIGRATION_ENABLED parameter to False.
- Save the file.
If data migration is in progress when you disable the data migration functionality, inSync will first complete the data migration, and then enforce the change in functionality.