While you create a user, you map the user to a storage. Data from that user's devices is backed up to this storage. You can change the storage for a user at any time. After you change a user's storage:
- User data is backed up to the new storage.
- Snapshots on the old storage are retained and compacted, following the retention policy.
- The user can restore data from any snapshot, even those available on the old storage.
- You can change storage assigned to a user only if inSync Share is deactivated for the user.
- You cannot map users to a storage to which they were assigned earlier.
- On inSync Private Cloud, you can also change the storage pool assigned to a user. For instructions, see Change storage pool assigned to a user.
Before you begin
Before you change the storage assigned to a user, ensure that your users have inSync 5.2 or later or inSync mobile App 3.3 or installed later on their devices.
To change the storage assigned to users
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Users.
- Click the users for whom you want to change the storage.
- Click More > Change Storage.
- In the Select Storage list, click new storage.
- Click Save.
Note: After changing the storage assigned to a user, inSync performs a full backup for the first backup. Thereafter, inSync performs incremental backups.