You can run the inSync Master service as local system account or a user account. You can select user account to identify the inSync Master processes or to use network attached storage to store backup data. By default, the inSync service is run as local system account.
Before you begin
Before you begin, note the following:
- If you are using a domain user who does not have administrative privileges, you need to manually provide the appropriate permissions for the configuration folder, C:\ProgramData\Druva\inSyncCloud.
- If a domain user who does not have administrative privileges is running the inSync service and this user performs the procedure below, the feature might not work. Ensure that the domain user has administrative privileges.
To configure inSync Master credentials
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Settings.
- Click the Network tab.
- Under the inSync Server Credentials area, click Edit. The inSync Service Credentials window appears.
- If you want to run inSync service as Local System account, select Use Local System Account check box.
- If you want to run inSync service as another account, click to clear Use Local System Account check box. Enter the username and password of the account that you want to use.
- Click Save.