This section provides information about how you can integrate your Active Directory (AD) details with your inSync setup to mass deploy inSync client for multiple users all at once. It explains the end-to-end workflow of mass deploying inSync client on user laptops. This section also provides information on how you can configure integrated mass deployment (IMD) settings and how you can generate a mass deployment token.
About integrated mass deployment
Integrated mass deployment (IMD) is an end-to-end process that involves the automated deployment of inSync client in your organization. It includes the automation of inSync client installation on all user laptops, inSync user creation, and inSync client activation on user devices. You can leverage IMD is possible if your organization uses Active Directory to manage user access and authentication, and users in your organization use Windows or Mac laptops.
The integrated mass deployment workflow is as follows:
- As an inSync administrator, you create an AD mapping to define the filter parameters to extract user details from your AD. You also define the profile, storage, and quota that that inSync must assign to these users.
- inSync Master, at the configured interval, queries the AD and caches details for all users that match the filter criteria that you specified.
- You install inSync client on user laptops using automated installation tools, such as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for Windows and LANDesk management solution for Mac.
- Your users log on to their laptops using their Active Directory credentials.
- inSync client sends the user's credentials to inSync Master. inSync Master searches its AD cache for the user credentials. If inSync Master finds a match, it creates the inSync account and activates inSync client for the user.
IMD configuration process
The following table describes the multi-step configuration process for the integrated mass deployment (IMD) of inSync client.
|Step 1|| |
Register the Active Directory from which you want to import user details. For more information, see Register your Active Directory.
Ensure that every user has their email address configured in your AD. inSync does not import users who do not have an email address configured in your AD..
|Step 2|| |
Create or identify the profile to which inSync must assign the users who you are importing from your AD. For more information on creating a profile, see Create a profile.
When you are selecting the profile, ensure that you adhere to the following guidelines:
|Step 3|| |
Create the AD mapping that is required to import users from your AD. For more information, see Create an AD mapping for IMD.
When you are creating the AD mapping, ensure that you adhere to the following guidelines:
|Step 4||Configure the number of laptops that will be activated for a user through the IMD. For more information, see Configure IMD settings.|
|Step 5||Generate a mass deployment token. For more information, see Generate a mass deployment token.|
|Step 6||Install inSync client on user laptops using automated installation tools. For more information, see Install inSync client for IMD.|