Before you begin
To create a legal hold policy, you must be a Legal Hold administrator. You must have the following information:
- The URL to access the inSync Legal Administrator Portal.
- The username and password to log on as a Legal Hold administrator.
Create a legal hold policy
To create a legal hold policy
- Open the inSync Legal Administrator Portal.
- In the login page, type your username and password and then click Login.
- Click Create Legal Hold. The Create Legal Hold wizard appears.
- In the Legal Hold Summary page, provide the appropriate information for each field.
- In the Legal Hold Name box, type the name for the legal hold policy.
- In the Add users to legal hold box, type the email address of the users you are placing on legal hold.
- Click Next.
- In the Validate & Add users page, verify the list of users you are placing on legal hold, and then click Next.
- In the Data Access Using WebDav page, in the What data do you want to access using WebDAV list, click the legal hold data that you want to access.
- Click Finish.
Copy the WebDAV access URL
WebDAV is an extension of the HTTP protocol that facilitates collaboration on documents and files stored on World Wide Web servers. It is an open, published standard that allows users to edit documents on a remote web server.
To copy the WebDAV access URL
- On the Legal Administrator portal, from the list of legal hold policies, click the policy for which you need the WebDAV access URL.
- Click Data Access. The data access URL and authentication details appear in the WebDAV Access Details area.
- Copy the Data Access URL.