As an inSync administrator, you can restore data to a user's device. If the user has multiple devices, you can choose the device on where want to restore data. You can restore data to the following locations on the user's device:
- User desktop
- The original location from which inSync back up the data. This is applicable only if you are restoring data to the same device from which it was backed up.
- A custom location of your choice.
To restore data on a user device
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, select Manage > Users.
- Click the link of the user whose data you want to restore.
- If you want to restore data from the primary storage, click Restore > Restore Backup Data From Primary.
If you want to restore data from the secondary storage, click Restore > Restore Backup Data From Secondary.
- On the Restore Data window, click the device and then select the snapshot from which you want to restore data.
- Select the files or folders that you want to restore, and click Restore to Device. The Restore to Device window appears.
- On the Restore to Device window, provide the appropriate information for each field.
Field Action Restore to device If you want to restore the data to the device's desktop, click Desktop. Restore to location If you want to restore the data to the folder from which it was backed up, click Original Location. This option is available only when you are restoring data to the device from which it was backed up. Specify custom location If you want to restore data to a custom location, type the in the Specify custom location box.
- Click OK.
About file metadata after restore
inSync restores the following metadata for the files you restore to their original location.
| || || |
Note: The Access control list is restored on Windows laptops only if you restore a file to its original location and the user has Full Control permissions on the parent folder.
inSync restores the following metadata for the files you restore the files to their custom location.
| || || |