As an administrator, you can allow users to update the interval between two scheduled backups. This gives users the opportunity to increase or decrease the frequency of the backups according to their preference.
Note: You can allow users to update backup interval through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
Once users specify backup interval, you cannot update the backup interval. Even if you move such users to a different profile, inSync continues to perform backups based on the interval that the user specified.
To allow users to update the backup interval
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the link of the profile for which you want to allow users to update backup schedule.
- Click the Laptop Backup Schedule area.
- In the Laptop Backup Schedule area, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Select the Allow users to change schedule check box.
- Click Save.