You can enable Persona Backup for a user by modifying the profile to which the user belongs. This impacts all users who belong to that profile. Alternatively, you can move the user to a profile for which you enabled System, App Settings backup.
- inSync users cannot enable or disable Persona Backup.
- If multiple users are using the same laptop, inSync backs up the settings only for those users who have System, App Settings backup enabled on their profile.
- inSync backs up only those settings the users modified. inSync does not back up the default settings.
- If you want to restore an email client for Windows, Druva recommends that you select the Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007 – Optimized for performance option when you enable persona backup for the selected profile. The Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007 – Optimized for performance option ensures that the inSync client backs up all attached PST files. Druva also recommends that users activate the inSync client on their new laptop while performing OS migration. For more information, see OS migration using Persona Backup.
Note: You can enable persona backup through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
To enable Persona Backup
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the link of the profile for which you want to enable persona backup.
- Click the Laptop Backup Content tab.
- Click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Select the System, App Settings check box.
- Click Save.