You can specify the number of days after which inSync that do not connect to the inSync Master is marked as inactive. A policy for marking devices inactive ensures that you can manage and monitor backup across all user devices.
Note: You can mark user devices as inactive through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
To mark user devices as inactive
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the link of the profile for which you want to create the policy.
- Click the Backup Policies tab.
- In the Notifications and Storage area, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- In the Mark device inactive if not backed up for box, type the number of days which when the device is not backed up, inSync Master flags the device as inactive. This box can contain any value from 1 to 365.
- Click Save.