If your organization follows a password policy, you can make it mandatory for inSync users to follow the same password policy. However, you cannot enforce a password policy if you enabled AD credentials for login.
Note: You can enforce your system password policy through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
To enforce your system password policy
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the link of the profile for which you want users to follow the system password policy.
- Click the Backup Policies tab.
- In the Retention and Access Policies area, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Click to clear the Ignore system password policy for users check box.
- Click Save.