When you create a profile, you can choose to authenticate users by using their inSync credentials. If you choose to use inSync credentials, users must type the password that inSync assigns for their user account.
To enable user authentication using an AD for an existing profile
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Select the profile for which you want to change the authentication method.
- Click the Backup Policies tab.
- In the Retention and Access Policies area, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Under Access Policies, in the Login using list, click inSync Password.
- Click Save.