Before you begin
Before you add users, ensure the following:
- You or an administrator created the profile that you want to assign to the user.
- You created the storage where you want inSync to back up the user data.
To add users individually
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Users.
- Click Create New. The Create New User window appears.
- Provide the appropriate information in each field. For more information, see Fields in the Create New User window.
- Click Create User.
The new user receives an email containing the inSync credentials.
Fields in the Create New User window
|Email address||Type the email address of the user.|
Type the display name for the user.
|Profile||Click the profile to which you want to associate the user.|
Click a storage where you want inSync to back up the user data.
On inSync Private Cloud, you can click a storage pool where you want inSync to back up the user data. If you do not select a storage pool, inSync selects the storage where inSync backs up the user's data.
|User Quota|| |
Type the maximum data that the backup and share folder of the user's devices can contain. If the data exceeds the quota, backup or share operations from user devices fail. If you do not want to set any restriction on the amount of data that the user can back up or share, type 0 (zero).
Note: By default, the quota assigned to the profile is set as the user quota. You can assign a different quota for the user that you are creating. If you update the user quota, updates that administrators make to the profile quota are not applicable for this user.
|Subject||If you want to update the subject of the account activation email, type the new content in the Subject box.|
If you want to update the body of the account activation email, type the new content in the Body box.