Maximum size of a file store
The inSync Private Cloud can manage 64 TB per inSync Storage Node. If you create multiple storage on an inSync Storage Node, total size of those storage cannot exceed 64 TB. As you can create multiple Storage Nodes on inSync Private Cloud, you have unlimited storage capacity.
Before you begin
Before you create file store, ensure the following:
- The inSync Storage Node where you want to create the file store is up and running.
- You have admin or root privileges on the server where you are creating the storage.
- You have created the Data folder, Database folder, and Database Log folders on the server where you are creating the storage.
- The Database folder is at least 5% of the size of the data that will be stored in the storage. The data size is calculated after considering the data volumes that you will create in the future and not just the first data volume you are creating.
- (Linux) On the Data, Database, and Database Logs folders, the user insyncserver is the owner, and the user is assigned to the group insyncserver. Run the following command on the terminal to apply the appropriate permissions on the folders:
$ sudo chown insyncserver:insyncserver <folder>
To create a file store
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Storage List.
- Under the Storage List tab, click Create New Storage.
- Provide the appropriate information on the wizard pages. For information, see Fields in the storage creation wizard.
- Click Finish.
Fields in the storage creation wizard
Step 1 of 4: General Information
The following table lists the fields on the General Information page of the wizard.
|Storage name||Type a name for the storage.|
|Storage node|| |
Click the inSync Storage Node where you want to create the file store.
|Storage type|| |
Click the type of file store that you want to create.
You create a secondary storage to ensure high availability of your primary storage. For more information, see Ensure High Availability of a storage.
Step 2 of 4: Data Storage Details
The following table lists the fields on the Data Storage Details page of the wizard.
|Where do you want to store data?||Click File Store.|
|Data folder||Type the path to the Data folder for the first data volume of the storage.|
|Size||Type the data size that the storage can accommodate.|
|Storage consumption alert threshold|| |
Type the value that must trigger a low disk space alert. For example, if the size of the storage is 10 TB and the storage consumption alert threshold is 80%, an alert is triggered when 8 TB of storage is consumed.
Step 3 of 4: Performance
The following table lists the fields on the Performance page of the wizard.
|Database folder|| |
Type the path to the database folder for the storage.
|Database log folder||Type the path to the database log folder for the storage.|
|Max. parallel connections|| |
Type the maximum number of parallel connections to the storage. You can set this field to a maximum value of 500.
Step 4 of 4: Storage Compaction Schedule
The following table lists the fields on the Storage Compaction Schedule page of the wizard.
|Compact daily at||Click the start time and then type the duration for daily compaction.|
|Compact weekly on||Click the scheduled day for weekly compaction of the file store.|
|Compact weekly at||Click the start time and then type the duration for weekly compaction.|