As an administrator, you can create and upload an Apple push notification certificate that allows you to use the inSync Data Loss Prevention features on all enterprise mobile devices.
The DLP feature helps prevent data loss from user devices. If a device is lost or stolen, you can decommission the device and remotely wipe out data from the backup folders and inSync Share folder of the device. If you want to use DLP with iOS devices, you must upload the following certificates on inSync Master:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate: This certificate ensures secure transactions between Web servers and browsers.
- Apple Push Notification (APN) certificate: This certificate ensures that iOS devices trust the DLP instructions from inSync Master.
For detailed instructions on how to generate and install an Apple Push Notification Certificate, see KB Article.
Note: DLP is not supported on Windows Phone 8 platform devices.
Update network settings for iOS devices
inSync Master requires a URL from which inSync mobile App can access relevant profile settings. By default, the fully qualified domain name of the inSync Master and port 6068 is used as the URL. You can modify the domain name and the port.
To modify the network settings
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Settings.
- Click the Mobile Credentials tab.
- In the iOS Device Management area, click Edit Network Settings. The Mobile Device Network Settings page appears.
- In the Hostname box, type the name of the domain name.
- In the Port box, type the port number.
- Click Ok.
Renew APN certificate
APN certificates are valid for a year. At the end of each year, you must renew the APN certificate before it expires.
To renew the APN certificate
- Generate a certificate signing request (CSR).
- Email the CSR to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Druva support team will sign the certificate and email it back to you.
- Log on to the Apple Push Certificates portal (https://identity.apple.com/pushcert/) using your Apple credentials.
- Click Renew next to the certificate you want to renew.
- Upload the signed certificate that you received from the Druva support team.