inSync On-premise 5.4 Administrator Guide
On-premise Editions: Private Cloud Enterprise Professional
As an administrator, you might need to perform the following actions:
- Remotely start back up on a user device or stop a backup that is in progress.
- View snapshots of data that inSync backed up from a device.
- Delete snapshots because you do not require them. A snapshot is a point in time image of the backup folders, which indicates the state of the backup folders at a particular point of time.
- Restore data to user devices if users do not have the permission to restore data themselves.
- Restore data to inSync Master in scenarios where users did not allow you to download their data.
- Stop a restore in progress even if a user initiated the restore.
In this section
The following table lists the tasks that you require to back up and restore data.
|Start data backup for a device||Start data backup for a device|
|Cancel a backup for a device||Cancel a backup for a device|
|View snapshots of backup data||View snapshots of backup data|
|Delete snapshots||Delete snapshots|
|Restore data to a device||Restore data to a device|
|Restore data to inSync Master||Restore data to inSync Master|
|Stop a restore in progress||Stop a restore in progress|
|Allow web restore for users||Allow web restore for users|
|Enforce user authentication for data restores||Enforce user authentication for data restores|