You can allow users to update the bandwidth utilization and CPU priority for the backup process. The limit that you have applied on the bandwidth utilization is applicable, but users can set a lower value. If required, users can further reduce the bandwidth utilized by inSync client for backing up data. For example, if you have set the bandwidth utilization at 50%, users can reduce it further to 45% or 20%. They cannot increase it to 60%.
Note: You can allow users to update system resource settings for inSync through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
To allow users to update system resource settings for backups
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the link of the profile for which you want to allow users to update system resource settings for backups.
- Click the Laptop Backup Schedule tab.
- In the Laptop Backup Resources area, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Select the Allow users to modify resource settings check box.
- Click Save.