This section provides information about how you can integrate your Active Directory (AD) details with your inSync setup. It also provides information about how you can import users from your AD.
About AD integration for user management
If your organization is using Active Directory to store user details, you can integrate your Active Directory with inSync to create inSync users. All you need to do is to import user details from your Active Directory instead of creating users individually.
To import users using AD integration, you:
- Determine the user login mechanism to inSync client. You can choose between Active Directory password and inSync password. inSync password is the password assigned by inSync. Active Directory password is the AD user ID and password. You can control this authentication mechanism through the profile settings.
- Register your AD and provide the AD details. inSync Master requires these details so that it can connect to your AD.
- Choose whether you want to automatically import users from your AD. inSync automatically imports users from your Active Directory at regular intervals or manually triggers the import user process at the interval that you configure.
- Synchronize inSync users with your AD. inSync queries your AD for user details and deactivates any inSync user who was removed from your AD. You can choose to automate this process or manually trigger the synchronization of users.
- Create an AD mapping and define filter parameters to extract user details from your AD.
In this section
The following table lists the tasks that you require to integrate inSync user management with Active Directory (AD).
|Register your Active Directory||Register your Active Directory|
|Auto-import users from your Active Directory||Auto-import users from your Active Directory|
|Manually import users from your Active Directory||Manually import users from your Active Directory|
|Create an Active Directory mapping||Create an Active Directory mapping|
|Synchronize inSync users with the Active Directory||Synchronize inSync users with your Active Directory|
|Configure the user import or sync frequency||Configure the user import or sync frequency|
|Configure the user login mechanism||Configure the user login mechanism|
|Delete an Active Directory mapping||Delete an Active Directory mapping|