You can restore data using the inSync Client. Your administrator can make it mandatory for you to provide your Druva inSync account credentials if you use this option. In this scenario, the Druva inSync Restore window is displayed, where you must provide your Druva inSync account credentials.
For inSync Client v6.5.0 installed on macOS Mojave (version 10.14) or later:
The macOS will display an authorization prompt when inSync Client tries to access the prompting locations if configured for backup. Click OK to allow Druva inSync to back up the data.
If inSync Client users do not take any action on the prompts, Druva inSync pauses the ongoing backup and it will remain in that state until the user takes an action.
Note: If you change the language for the inSync Web interface, the content within the Restore Backup Data window appears in the selected language. However, the file names and the folder names are not translated.
- Start the inSync Client.
- On the Backup & Restore page, click Restore.
If the administrator has made it mandatory for you to provide your Druva inSync account credentials, the Druva inSync Restore window appears.
- Enter your username and password for your Druva inSync account.
- Click Login. The inSync Restore window appears.
- On the inSync Restore window, select the device and then select the snapshot from which you want to restore the data.
For a selected device, by default, Druva inSync displays the most recent snapshot. If you want to restore the folders and files from an earlier snapshot, click the button to open the Snapshots selection window.
- Browse through the tree view and select the folders and files that you want to restore and then click Restore.
During folder and file selection:
- To select the individual folders and files within a root folder, select the check-box adjacent to the folders and files.
- To select all the folders and files within a root folder, select the check-box adjacent to the desired root folder.
- To restore the folders and files using the search feature, type a full or partial file name, file type, or folder name in the search bar.
- For the folder and file that have more than one modified version in Druva inSync, the Modified On field within the search results displays the number of versions available. You can select the desired version of the folder and file by clicking on the version. The * (asterisk) symbol is displayed if you select an earlier version of the folder or file for restore.
- Druva inSync does not display the Original Location of the root folders within the search result window.
- If you have configured Outlook for backup, Druva inSync displays the Original Location as "Outlook Advanced" in the search result window.
- To stop the search operation, click Stop Search.
- To reset the search and return to the snapshot view, click .
- Provide the appropriate information for each field.
No action required. This field displays the total number of files and folders and the size of the data that you want to restore.
Select the device to which you want to restore the data.
Only the active devices are listed in the drop-down list.
You cannot restore the data to your mobile device or from your mobile device to your laptop. When you perform a restore operation, the mobile devices that are added to your Druva inSync account do not appear in the To Device list.
To restore the data to the device's desktop, select Desktop.
The inSync Client restores the data on the desktop in the following format:
Mon Nov 5 12-15-39 2018
- Mon Nov 5 is the date of the restore
- 12-15-39 is the time of the restore
- 2018 is the year of the restore
If you want to restore the data to the folder from which it was backed up, select Original Location. This option is available only when you are restoring data to the device from which it was backed up.
If you want to restore the data to a Custom Location on the current device or other than the current device, select Custom Location. The Where field appears.
If you have selected to restore the data to a Custom Location on the current device, the Browse button appears. Click the Browse button to select the desired path to restore the data.
If you have selected to restore the data to a Custom Location on other than the current device, enter the path of the folder where you want to restore the data.
Note: If the folder path of the selected custom location in Windows Operating System exceeds 260 characters, Druva inSync does not display the folder path on the restore window.
- Click Confirm Restore. The data restore starts. A restore status bar appears at the bottom-right corner of the page. You can expand the tab to view the progress.
The restore tasks are consolidated and displayed based on their status on the restore status window and provide the following details:
- Notification of the In progress restore tasks.
- Notification of the Completed restore tasks.
- Notification of Failed restore tasks.
- Restore progress of the on-going restore tasks.
- The elapsed time of the restore.
- Device name, target location, date, time, and size details.
- The total size of the restore.
- Time taken for restore.
- The number of files skipped in the restore.
- Reason for failed or incomplete restore error and action required.