The availability of this feature may be limited based on the license type, region, and other criteria. To access this feature, contact your inSync administrator.
You can search all your backed up files using the Search feature in the Data Sources tab of inSync Web. Search enables you to search for a particular file or email that you want to download without having to browse through all of them. You can search within a specific data source that is linked to your inSync account. You can also narrow down your search by using search operators, sort the list of search results.
inSync Client users can utilize search in inSync Web to:
- Search for files backed up by inSync.
- Download desired files and emails from the search results.
- Restore files and emails from the search results.
All words in the search query should at least contain 3 characters. For example, "qu" or "quarterly re" are invalid search queries whereas "qua" or "quarterly rep" are valid search queries.
For search, inSync allows 3 types of operators. Here is the list of operators in order of their importance:
- () - Parenthesis operator has the highest priority in a search query. The part of the search query in the parenthesis is executed first. For example, if the query is "quarterly OR report (march AND december)", then the "(march AND december)" part of the query will be executed first.
- OR - By default, inSync uses OR in all search queries that contain more than one word. For example, if you search "monthly sales", then inSync will search all files or emails that either contains the word "monthly" or the word "sales".
- AND - The AND operator has the last priority in a search query. For example, if you search "monthly AND sales", then inSync will search all files or emails that contain both the words "monthly" and "sales".
Operators should always be in capital letters.
Using Search you can search for files backed up by inSync across all your data sources (endpoints and cloud apps) using the file name.
You can use a combination of operators like AND, OR, () and apply filters like file types and file modification time to narrow down your search results. For file search, the following filters are available:
- File type: Specify a particular file type that you want to search. The file type should be in the following format:
.<file type>For example, if you want to search “New joinees.docx”, then in the search box enter “new joinees” and enter “.docx” in this field. Then inSync will search only *.docx files.
- File modified between: Specify a date range. When you define a date range, inSync will search files that were modified in the specified date range. For example, when you enter 3 March in the From field and 8 April in the To field, inSync searches files modified between 3 March, 12:00 am to 8 April 11:59 pm.
When you search, inSync shows you a list of files that match your search query along with the following details:
- Name of the file
- Date when the file was last modified.
You can sort the files based on file name and date modified. You can also download and restore single or multiple files using the Download and Restore option present in the search results.
Similar to searching files, you can search for emails backed up by inSync across email services (Gmail, Exchange Online) using:
- Email subject
- Attachment name
You can use a combination of operators like AND, OR, () and apply filters like recipient's name, sender’s name, emails within a particular date range and others to narrow down your search results. For email search, the following filters are available:
- Show Email with attachment only: Select this check box if you want to search emails that only contain attachments.
- Attachment Type: Specify the attachment types that you want to search.
- From: Search emails from a particular sender.
- To/CC/BCC: Search emails that were sent to specific recipients.
- Sent/Received Between: Search emails that were sent or received between a specific date range.
When you search, inSync shows a list of emails that match your search query along with the following details:
- Subject of the email
- User who had sent the email
- Date when the email was sent or received.
You can sort the emails based on subject, sender, and date. You can also download or restore a single or multiple emails in EML format using the Download and Restore options present in the search results.
Download data by using the inSync Web
Restore data by using the inSync Web
Download mails, mailbox, contacts, and calendar using the inSync Web
Restore mails, mailbox, contacts, and calendar using the inSync Web