The inSync Client automatically backs up data from your device at regular intervals. You can manually start a backup at any time or cancel a backup in progress.
For inSync Client v6.5.0 installed on macOS Mojave (version 10.14) or later:
The macOS will display an authorization prompt when inSync Client tries to access the prompting locations if configured for backup. Click OK to allow inSync to back up the data.
If inSync Client users do not take any action on the prompts, inSync will pause the ongoing backup and it will remain in that state until the user takes an action.
Start a backup from inSync Client
inSync may display an authorization prompt if inSync does not have the required access permissions.
If inSync displays the authorization prompt to access the locations for backup, it is recommended to grant inSync the required access permission. Click Open Security & Privacy and complete the following steps:
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click Full Disk Access on the left pane.
- Click the + button.
- Click Applications on the left pane.
- Select inSync from the list of applications.
- A prompt is displayed to apply the modified settings. Perform the following steps:
- Select Quit Now.
- Go to Launchpad and start the inSync Client.
You can start a backup in either of the following ways:
- Start Backup from the system tray of your laptop
- Start Backup from inSync Client
Start backup from the system tray of your laptop
From the system tray of your laptop, click on the inSync icon to start the backup operation.
For Windows OS
From the system tray of your laptop, right-click the inSync icon to start the backup operation.
Start backup from inSync Client
To start a backup
- Start the inSync Client.
- On the navigation pane, select Backup & Restore.
- In the right pane, click Backup.
The Initializing Backup bar appears. The inSync Client prepares itself for backup.
After the initialization stage is complete, the Backup in Progress bar appears. inSync Client estimates and displays the total number of files and data size for backup and uploads the data to the storage. In case of an error, while aggregating the backup statistics, the file count and size is displayed as '0'.
After the inSync backup operation is complete, you can view the last successful backup and next scheduled backup information.
Note: inSync does not back up misconfigured backup folders (displayed as and ). To resume backups from misconfigured backup folders, see inSync Client FAQs.
Cancel a backup in progress
To cancel a backup when the backup is in progress
- Start the inSync Client.
- Select the Backup & Restore tab, and click the cancel () icon.
- Click Yes on the prompt window to cancel the ongoing backup.