You can edit folders that you have configured for backup. You can also specify which files and folders to back up when you edit folders.
Note: You cannot edit or remove folders that are configured by your inSync administrator.
Important considerations for inSync Client 6.2.0 installed on macOS Mojave (version 10.14):
The macOS Mojave will display an authorization prompt when inSync Client tries to access the prompting locations if configured for backup. Click OK to allow inSync to backup the data.
Contacts ~/Library/Application Support/Address Book
Photos ~/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary
If inSync Client users do not take any action on the prompts, inSync will pause the ongoing backup and it will remain in that state until the user takes an action.
inSync may display an authorization prompt if inSync does not have the required access permissions.
If inSync displays the authorization prompt to access the locations for backup, it is recommended to grant inSync the required access permission. Click Open Security & Privacy and complete the following steps:
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click Full Disk Access on the left pane.
- Click the + button.
- Click Application on the left pane.
- Select Druva inSync from the list of applications.
- Click inSync.
- Click Open.
- A prompt is displayed to apply the modified settings. Perform the following steps:
- Select Quit Now.
- Go to Launchpad and start the inSync Client.
To edit backup folders
- Start the inSync Client.
- In the navigation pane, click Backup & Restore.
- In the right pane, under the Backup Content area, select the folder you want to edit before backup. The folder contents are displayed.
- Uncheck the files and folders you do not want to add for backup.
- Click Save. Your edits will be saved and only the content from the selected folders will be backed up.
- On MAC Client, if you edit a configured folder, which has a SYMLINK folder within, then the folder contents of the SYMLINK folder will not be displayed. But, if you edit a configured folder which is a SYMLINK folder, then all the contents within the SYMLINK folder are displayed.
- The user can reconfigure the Exclude Settings. See View Global Exclusions list and Add folders.
- If you have misconfigured backup folders, see inSync Client FAQs for more information.