Sharing a folder helps you collaborate with other people and share files or content. When you share a folder, you can assign manage permissions, edit permissions, or view permissions to each collaborator.
The following table describes the tasks that collaborators can perform depending on the permission that they have.
|Task||Manage Permissions||Edit Permissions||View Permissions|
|Add or remove collaborators|
|Modify collaborator permissions|
|Add or remove files|
If your administrator granted the appropriate rights, you can share a folder with the following people:
- inSync Share users in your organization.
- inSync Share user groups in your organization. inSync administrators create inSync Share user groups.
- Non inSync Share users within and outside your organization. These people are called guest users.
Before you begin
Before you share a folder with other users, ensure the following:
- The folder that you want to share is located inside your inSync Share folder.
- You are either the owner of the folder that you want to share or a collaborator with manage permissions on that folder.
- Neither a parent folder, nor a child folder of the folder that you want to share is shared using inSync Share.
To share a folder
- Open inSync Web. The inSync Share page appears.
- In the All Content tab, click the row of the folder that you want to share.
- Click the Share icon and then click Manage Collaborators. The Manage Collaborator window appears.
- In the Add collaborators box, type the email addresses of the individuals or groups that you want to share the folder with.
- In the Add message box, specify a custom message to the collaborators. The collaborators receive the custom message along with the link details in an auto-generated email.
- Click Add. The users and groups are added to the list of collaborators.
- If you want to assign Manage permission to your collaborators, in the list, click Manage.
If you want to assign Edit permission to your collaborators, in the list, click Edit.
If you want to assign View permission to your collaborators, in the list, click View.
- Click Done.