To reactivate the inSync Client, you can add your device as a new device or replace it with an existing device.
Before you begin
Before you reactivate the inSync Client, ensure the following:
- You have the inSync Server URL and your inSync account credentials.
- If you do not remember the email address for your inSync account, you can refer to the inSync account activation email.
- If you do not remember the password for your inSync account, you can contact your inSync administrator. Your inSync administrator will reset the password for your inSync account. You will receive your new password in an email. After you log on to the inSync Client by using your new password, you are prompted to reset your password.
- You have the proxy server details. You require proxy server details only if the inSync Client has to contact the inSync Server through a proxy server.
To reactivate the inSync Client
- Start the inSync Client.
- On the navigation pane, click My Account.
- In the Account area, click Change account.
The Activate Backup window appears.
Activate the inSync Client on your device. For more information, see Activate the inSync client on your device.