You can edit folders that you have configured for backup. You can also specify which files and folders to back up when you edit folders.
Note: You cannot edit or remove folders that are configured by your inSync administrator.
Important considerations for inSync Client 6.1.1 installed on macOS Mojave (version 10.14):
The macOS Mojave will display an authorization prompt when inSync Client tries to access the following locations if configured for backup. Click OK to allow inSync to backup the data.
Contacts ~/Library/Application Support/Address Book
Photos ~/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary
If inSync Client users do not take any action on the prompts, inSync will pause the ongoing backup and it will remain in that state until the user takes an action.
User action is required for the following listed locations to allow inSync to back up the data:
inSync Client will, by default, skip the following configured locations while performing the backup, unless inSync is allowed to access these locations.
Safari Browsing History
Time Machine Backups
You can allow inSync to access these locations for backup by completing the following steps:
- Go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy pane.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click Full Disk Access on the left pane.
- Click the + button.
- Click Application on the left pane.
- Select Druva inSync from the list of applications.
- Click inSync.
- Click Open.
- A prompt is displayed to apply the modified settings. Perform the following steps:
- Select Quit Now.
- Go to Launchpad and start the inSync Client.
To edit backup folders
- Start the inSync Client.
- In the navigation pane, click Backup & Restore.
- In the right pane, under the Backup Content area, select the folder you want to edit before backup. The folder contents are displayed.
- Uncheck the files and folders you do not want to add for backup.
- Click Save. Your edits will be saved and only the content from the selected folders will be backed up.
- On MAC Client, if you edit a configured folder, which has a SYMLINK folder within, then the folder contents of the SYMLINK folder will not be displayed. But, if you edit a configured folder which is a SYMLINK folder, then all the contents within the SYMLINK folder are displayed.
- The user can reconfigure the Exclude Settings. See View Global Exclusions list and Add folders.
- If you have misconfigured backup folders, see inSync Client FAQs for more information.