Install inSync AD/LDAP Connector
Before you begin
Before you install inSync AD/LDAP Connector, ensure the following:
- inSync AD/LDAP Connector must connect to Active Directory server directly and not through a proxy server.
- inSync AD/LDAP Connector can establish connection to inSync Cloud directly or through a proxy server. To connect inSync AD/LDAP Connector with inSync Cloud through a proxy server, see Configure the inSync AD/LDAP Connector.
The following table lists the hardware prerequisites to install inSync AD/LDAP Connector. The connector's footprint is very low, which means that almost any hardware can support the connector.
|CPU||1 GHz or faster|
|Disk Space||16 GB|
The following table lists the software prerequisites to install inSync AD/LDAP Connector.
To install inSync AD/LDAP Connector
- Open a browser on the computer where you want to install inSync Active Directory.
- Log on to inSync Cloud.
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click > Settings.
- Click the AD/LDAP Accounts tab.
- In the AD/LDAP Connectors area, click the Download and install AD/LDAP Connector link.
- After you download the AD/LDAP Connector installer, double-click the installer. The installation wizard appears.
- Enter the appropriate information on the wizard and complete the installation procedure.
The inSync AD/LDAP Connector is installed. You can now configure the connector. For more information, see Configure the inSync AD/LDAP Connector.
Upgrade inSync AD/LDAP Connector
To upgrade inSync AD/LDAP Connector
- On the computer where you want to upgrade the connector, download the latest AD/LDAP Connector installer.
- Double-click the installer. The installation wizard appears.
- Enter the appropriate information on the wizard and complete the upgrade procedure.
The AD/LDAP Connector is upgraded and functional. You do not need to reconfigure the AD/LDAP Connector.
Note: If you installed the previous version of the AD/LDAP Connector on a 32-bit Windows computer, you cannot upgrade your connector. You must install and configure the latest AD/LDAP Connector.