Download helps you to gain access to files in case of accidental deletion, or when you want to access a particular file from a device not owned by you. When you download a file, the file is saved with its original name and extension.
- On the Windows and Linux laptops, the folder is saved as <inSyncRestoreData_name>.zip.
- On the Mac laptops, the folder is saved as <inSyncRestoreData_name>.tar or <inSyncRestoreData_name>.tar.gz.
For download, you can use Search to easily find particular files and then download the selected files. Following is the file naming convention of any file that you download from the search results:
SearchResults-<Date stamp>, <Time stamp>.<file extension of the compressed file format>
To download data
- Open inSync Web.
- On the menu bar, click Data Sources.
- From the list of data sources on the left panel, click the data source from which you want to download data. Alternatively, you can use Search to search for files that you want to download.
- In the Snapshots list, click the snapshot from which you want to download data.
- Select the files or folders that you want to download, and then click Download.
- Save the file or folder to a desired location.