You can edit folders that you have configured for backup. You can also specify which files and folders to back up when you edit folders.
Note: You cannot edit or remove folders that are configured by your inSync administrator.
Important considerations for inSync Client 5.9.9 installed on macOS Mojave (version 10.14)
To edit or remove backup folders
- Start the inSync client.
- In the navigation pane, click Backup & Restore.
- In the right pane, under the Backup Content area, select the folder you want to edit. The Edit Backup Folder window appears.
- On MAC Client, if you edit a configured folder, which has a SYMLINK folder within, then the folder contents of the SYMLINK folder will not be displayed. But, if you edit a configured folder which is a SYMLINK folder, then all the contents within the SYMLINK folder are displayed.
- The user can reconfigure the Exclude Settings. See View Global Exclusions list and Add folders.
- If you have misconfigured backup folders, see inSync Client FAQs for more information.