Before you begin
Before you activate the inSync client on your first laptop, ensure the following:
- You are logged on to your laptop using your own credentials.
- You have received the inSync account activation email and have it handy.
- You have confirmed with your inSync administrator about the credentials that you will use to activate the inSync client. You can activate the inSync client using your inSync account credentials, your single sign-on credentials, or your Active Directory credentials.
- You have installed the inSync client on your laptop.
- You have the proxy server details. You require proxy server details only if the inSync client has to contact the inSync Server through a proxy server.
To activate the inSync client on your first laptop
- Double-click inSync icon. The Activate Your inSync window appears.
- Select the appropriate inSync edition from the drop-down box
- If your organization is using the inSync On-premise edition, select On-premise.
- If your organization is using the inSync Cloud edition, select inSync Cloud.
- If your organization is using GovCloud, select inSyncGovCloud.
Note: If you want to know the inSync edition that your organization is using, contact your administrator.
- Provide the appropriate information for each field.
Field Action Type the email address for your inSync account. Password
Type the password for your inSync account.
If you are using single sign-on credentials for your inSync account, keep the Password box empty. After you click Activate, a window appears. Type your single sign-on password in that window.
- Click Activate. The Reset Druva inSync Password window appears
If the inSync client must contact the inSync Server through a proxy server, a window requesting the proxy server details appears after you click Activate. For more information, see Configure proxy settings during inSync activation.
Note: The Reset Druva inSync Password window does not appear if you are using single sign-on or Active Directory credentials.
- In the New password box, type a new password for your inSync account.
- In the Confirm password box, type the password for your inSync account again.
- Click Continue.