Before you begin
Before you activate inSync on your first laptop, ensure the following:
- You are logged on to your laptop using your own credentials.
- You have received the inSync account activation email and have it handy.
- You have confirmed with your inSync administrator about the credentials that you will use to activate inSync. You can activate inSync using your inSync account credentials, your single sign-on credentials, or your Active Directory credentials.
- You have installed inSync on your laptop.
- You have the proxy server details. You require proxy server details only if inSync has to contact inSync Master through a proxy server.
To activate inSync
- Double-click inSync icon. The Activate Druva inSync window appears.
- Provide the appropriate information for each field.
Field Action Server URL Type the URL to access inSync Master. Type the email address for your inSync account. Password Type the password for your inSync account.
- Click Activate. The Reset Druva inSync Password window appears.
If inSync must contact inSync Master through a proxy server, a window requesting the proxy server details appears after you click Activate. For more information, see Configure proxy settings during inSync activation.
- In the New password box, type a new password for your inSync account.
- In the Confirm password box, type the password for your inSync account again.
- Click Save.
- If you are using single sign-on credentials for your inSync account, keep the New password box empty. After you click Activate, a window appears. Type your single sign-on password in that window.
- The Reset Druva inSync Password window does not appear if you are using single sign-on or Active Directory credentials.